Monday, August 15, 2011

Dream Remix Album

Lord help me, I've slipped into whimsical reverie again. Too much reading! Reading is bad for you, it enhances the imagination...

I'm really into dance remixes right now. Starting to get a grasp on the different types of remixes and my favorite remix artists, so I compiled my ultimate collection of dream remixes. Special emphasis on songs and artists that don't get the great remixes they deserve. Oooh how I wish this album existed!

The Perfect Remix Album

1. Super Bass (Passion Pit Remix) -- Nicki Minajs
2. Whiplash (Skrillex Club Remix) -- Selena Gomez & The Scene
3. Face of Love (Freddie Le Grand Extended Club Remix) -- Miranda Cosgrove
4. Dancing Crazy (Zedd Remix) -- Miranda Cosgrove
5. Bam (Afrojack Remix) -- Miranda Cosgrove
6. Sayonara (Noisia Remix) -- Miranda Cosgrove
7. Shake It Up (Chew Fu Remix) -- Selena Gomez & The Scene
8. Dancing Crazy (Richard Vission Extended Club Remix) -- Miranda Cosgrove
9. Love You Like a Love Song (Dave Aude' Extended Dub) -- Selena Gomez & The Scene
10. If I Die Young (Armand Van Helden Remix) -- The Band Perry
11. Beautiful Mess (Burial Fix) -- Miranda Cosgrove

I doubt voguing tripped out 2-step/dubstep/garage underground hero Burial would remix a Nickelodeon track (does he even do remixes at all?) but if there's just one track I'd like to hear, it'd be that one. Miri's vocal run that opens Beautiful Mess would be absolutely perfect fodder for a heady Burial track.

No comments:

Post a Comment