Monday, July 25, 2011

Pop 5: Danceable Summer

1. Shake It Up -- Selena Gomez
2. Trouble For Me -- Britney Spears
3. Love You Like a Love Song -- Selena Gomez
4. Super Bass -- Nicki Minaj
5. Whiplash -- Selena Gomez
6. Oops! ...I Did It Again -- Britney Spears
7. Rolling In The Deep -- Adele
8. Boys (Co-Ed Remix) -- Britney Spears
9. Jumpin', Jumpin' -- Destiny's Child
10. Say My Name -- Destiny's Child
11. Independent Women, Part 1 -- Destiny's Child
12. Again and Again -- The Bird and the Bee
13. If I Die Young -- The Band Perry
14. All of the Lights -- Kanye West

Is it time for a new one already? YUS. Not the most premeditaed pop compi I've ever made, but decently well thought out still. Had kind of a thing for Destiny's Child lately thanks to frequent play at work. Also discovered that Selena Gomez is a pretty great artist. She's prolific like Miri, and while Selena's music isn't on quite that high of a level, it's a lot more modern-styled than Miri's so it's easy enough for me to enjoy.

As far as Britney goes, I remember her from my own youth (e.g. "Oops I Did It Again,") but what I didn't know is that since then she's done a lot of electronic dance pop that's quite up my alley. Figure I ought to familiarize myself since I'll be seeing her live soon.

And.... that pretty much covers it. Named it Danceable Summer in honor of the fact that it's been over a year since the second edition of my pop collections series came out, "Adequate Pop: Summer Fun Edition."

No comments:

Post a Comment